Church Accounting Video Series
Minister's Housing Allowance Basics
– Who can claim housing allowance?
– Why would a minister want a housing allowance?
– What is the limit?
– What expenses can be excluded under housing allowance?
– What if a minister lives in church-provided parsonage?
– Why are bank reconciliations important?
– What is the goal of a bank reconciliation?
– What are the steps in a bank reconciliation?
– How do you do a bank reconciliation in FlockBase?
501(c)(3) Status for Churches
– Churches are automatically tax exempt per IRS Code Section 501(c)(3).
– Should your church still apply for recognition?
– What are the potential benefits of receiving a determination letter from the IRS?
– How do you apply for recognition?
2021 Tax Updates for Churches
Year-end Tax & Accounting Update for Church Treasurers (01/23/21 Webinar Replay)
– Tax saving tips for ministers
– Structuring ministerial compensation packages
– Maximizing the ministerial housing allowance
– Fine tuning tax‐free employee reimbursements
– Car allowance or mileage reimbursement?
– Advantages and disadvantages of opting‐out of Social Security
– Offering tax free health insurance for employees
– Common payroll reporting errors
– Reporting cash & non‐cash contributions
– Form 1099s NEC and MiSC
– Applying for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
COVID-19 Tax Update for Churches
(01/23/21 Webinar Replay)
– Intro to CARES
– Payroll Protection Program Loans & EIDL Grants
– Employee Retention Credit
– Deferral of Payroll Taxes
– Relaxed Rules for Charitable Contributions
– Mandatory Sick/Family Leave Pay
– Consolidated Appropriations Act
Getting Started with FlockBase
– Full walkthrough from purchasing to reporting
– Explanation of certain features and why things are laid out the way they are