This book explains the process to follow when selecting simple church accounting software. It includes guidance on:
- How to assemble a software selection team
- Perform a needs assessment
- Review and evaluate the package
- Select and implement the system
One of the issues that make the search for the software so difficult, is the inherent complexity of fund accounting. I have included a discussion of the mechanics of fund accounting in the book as well.
Small Church Accounting Software:
Answers the 56 most common church accounting, church tax, and clergy tax questions. This 39-page book is written by a CPA and is presented in a question and answer format. It contains numerous real-life examples and sample documents. Money-back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied. Download the church accounting book in pdf format now.
This information is invaluable for ministers, church treasurers, church financial secretaries, and the entire church finance committee. It is targeted to small to medium size churches with less than 10 staff members.
Keep a copy of it in the church office so that you can refer to it when those accounting and tax questions arise (and you know they do).
This question and answer book address the following church accounting topics:
· Classification of ministers, employees, and contractors
· Minister’s housing allowance
· Minister’s self-employment tax
· Employee expense reimbursements
· Church employee benefits
· Structuring minister’s compensation package
· Withholding and paying church payroll taxes
· Preparation of Forms 941, W-2, and W-3
· Preparation of Forms 1099 and 1096
· Tax-exempt status for churches
· Church contribution records and year-end statements
· Preparation of monthly church treasurer’s reports
Small Church accounting can be an intimidating task. However, armed with the proper information, church accounting can be a source of stability and blessing within your church. Click here for more info about church accounting stewardship.
It is clear from Jesus’ teaching that he intends for Christians to obey national laws. Therefore, it is important for churches to comply with the United States Internal Revenue Code while providing the maximum tax benefits to their ministers and employees. Church accounting is not easy. It is different from business accounting in several key areas.
This site also contains free information regarding church accounting software and fund accounting. There is lots of free stuff to download as well.