Small Church Employees Software
Classification of Ministers, Employees and Contractors
The first step in complying with the Internal Revenue Code is to understand how the code classifies ministers, employees and contractors. The proper classification is very important because of the different tax laws that affect each category. Most churches will have at least some personnel in each of three separate categories:
1. Minister employees
2. Non-minister employees
3. Independent contractors
The book answers each of these questions:
- Do minister’s receive special tax treatment?
- Who is considered a minister for tax purposes?
- Is a part-time youth/music minister considered a minister for tax purposes?
- Do non-minister church employees receive special tax treatment?
- Can the church choose to treat an employee as an independent contractor?
- What determines if someone is an employee or an independent contractor?
Church Employee Expense Reimbursements
Employee expense reimbursements are one of the most misunderstood and misapplied issues for churches. As a result, most churches currently are out of compliance with the tax code without even knowing it.
The book answers each of the following questions:
- Can the church reimburse employees (including ministers) for their church related expenses?
- Should employees be given an auto allowance?
Most pastors think that since they get a housing allowance, they should be entitled to an auto allowance as well. The advice in this chapter of the book will not only help your church comply with the law, but will more than likely save your ministers and employees tax dollars.
Church Employee Benefits
Churches can offer a wide variety of tax preferred benefits to their employees if they know how to approach them. Health insurance coverage and retirement plan contributions are two benefits that can save church employees significant tax dollars with very little burden to the church.
Did you know that most employee benefits must be offered to all employees if they are offered to one employee? That catches many churches by surprise.
The chapter in the book discusses the types of benefits you can offer and the related compliance issues. It identifies the benefits that you can offer on a discriminatory basis as well as those which must be offered to all employees.
Money back guarantee. No questions asked. If your not 100% satisfied, just email me and I will refund your money.
Areas of Service: Church Employees Software, Church Software, Church Accounting Software, Christian Software, Small Church Software